Caring for something living can help you feel more relaxed and lift your spirits. But not just pets – that includes plant life too.
So whether you’re a master gardener or wouldn’t know a chrysanthemum from a crocus, consider giving house plants a try.
It’s easier than you think. Just skip the complex varieties. Opt for plants that are easy to care for and don’t need too much attention. Bonus: it’ll take the pressure off and make things easier for travel.
Check out these great-looking, easy-care varieties:
- Succulents and cacti
- Spider plants
- Ponytail palm trees
- ZZ plants
- Bird’s nest ferns
- Orchids (the actual plants, though their flowers can be trickier)
Your Daily Plant Care Ritual
Make it an easy start to your day. Give yourself enough time for a relaxing ritual, then show your house plants some love. Water whichever plants need watering that day, open curtains or blinds to expose the sun to the ones that need it and mentally note their current conditions. If anything seems off, grab a plant care book or search online to find out what you need.
It can be one of your first accomplishments of the day. And you’ll help the health of your plants and improve your environment while feeling just a little more connected to nature.
Here are a few more reasons why plants are truly amazing...
- They can elevate your home’s aesthetic
- Some varieties improve air quality (variegated peace lily, majesty palm, plumosa fern, rabbit foot fern…)
- Indoor plants offer some of the benefits of spending time outside
- You can get a self-esteem boost when you see your plants thrive (because of you!)