WEBSITE AND MOBILE APP
Effective Date: October 6, 2022
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.gethai.com (the "Website") or when you download, install, register with, access, or use the GetHai mobile application (the "App") (both the Website and the App together are referred to as the “Online Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on the Online Services and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use the App. By downloading, registering with, or using the App, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Online Services after we revise this Policy means you accept those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
The Company is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use Personal Information about you. We are required under data protection laws to notify you of the information contained in this Policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Online Services, including that information which is voluntarily provided by you
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Online Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
- Through the shower device that is connected to the Online Services
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Online Services
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection laws which require that the Personal Information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The Kind of Information We Hold About You
Personal data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (hereinafter “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include identified, anonymous, or aggregated data.
Types of Personal Information We Collect and Why
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, billing information, IP address, information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as location data and the date and time of your visit to the Online Services; and/or or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, when you interact with our Online Services in a number of ways, including: placing an order through the Online Services; establishing an account; adding information to your account, creating address entries, emailing an item to yourself or someone else; entering a contest or sweepstakes; taking a survey; contacting us with a comment or question; and signing up to receive emails about our products and services.
- Financial Information, such as information collected from you as needed to process payments, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number, when you voluntarily provide us with this information. We use that information to fulfill Orders, to fulfill your requests, and to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties.
- Commercial Information, such as records or products or services purchased, obtained or considered, when you voluntarily provide us with this information. We use that information to fulfill Orders, to fulfill your requests, to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to send communications regarding our Products, services, and promotions.
- Network Activity Information, such as browsing history, time zone, search history, a consumer’s interaction information, information about your internet connection, cookies installed on your device the equipment you use to access our Online Services, and usage details such as individual web pages or products that you view, what Online Services or search terms referred you to the Online Services, and information about how you interact with our Online Services in order to see which areas of our Online Services are most visited and to improve the quality of your online experience by providing more of the most visited and desired features and services.
- Classification Information, including demographic information such as birth date, age, and gender, when you establish an account or take a survey.
- Employment Related Information, such as name, job title, education, other professional or employment-related information, and contact details will be collected if you apply for a mentorship and voluntarily provide information on our Form. If you want to work for us, you can submit a curriculum vitae or resume online and fill out an application. We will use this information to evaluate you as a candidate for the position for which you applied and to contact you about the position.
- Inferences drawn from any of these Personal Information categories to create for your reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predisposing, behaviors, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and/or aptitude to help the Company to perform the services.
How is your Personal Information collected?
We collect Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- When you use the Online Services or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include , our business partners, advertisers, ad networks, ad servers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, your mobile service provider.
- Through the shower device that is connected to the App.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. This may include information that you provide by filling in forms on the Online Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Online Services, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you fill out a survey, enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Online Services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Online Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Online Services
- You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on areas of the Online Services (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Automatically as you navigate through and interact with the Online Services. Information collected automatically may include your search queries on the Online Services, records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
When you download, access, and use the App, or as you navigate through and interact with our Online Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Online Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Online Services, , including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Online Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, the device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. Location is used to localize your experience based on where you live and/or to follow mobile guidelines to enable specific features.
- The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information. This helps us to improve our Online Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Online Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Online Services.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device/you may opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this App and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Online Services. may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Online Services.. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Online Services. and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Will Use Information About You
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present and provide our Online Services and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us To.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To analyze the shower head device data (water usage, temperature, etc.) to be used in aggregate for service and device improvement and comparison purposes.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Online Services, when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may also use your information to contact you about our services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the Form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We sometimes provide financial incentives to consumers who share Personal Information. Most often, this occurs in the form of sharing your email address with us in exchange for a discount on your first order. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described above. Specifically, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Online Services. users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our advisors and advisees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Sharing, Accessing, and Correcting Your Personal Information
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers, where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed your personal information to certain vendors that collect such information across their network of websites, including our website and other third party websites to perform marketing services for us as well as others in the network, such as to determine your interests and personalize recommendations for you at checkout and to provide you with relevant advertisements on social media platforms.
Such sharing of information may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. If you are a California resident and would like to opt out of such CCPA “sales," you may do so by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link located here.
The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: marketing, payroll, pension administration, benefits provision and administration, IT services.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your Personal Information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
European Privacy Rights
We collect various types of Personal Information about you as described in this Policy. If you are from the EEA, you may have broader rights to access and delete your personal data, to object to or restrict processing of your personal data, or request portability of your personal information.
To make such requests, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the mailing address in the “Contact Us” section below. You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority at any time. If you wish to access, review, modify or delete any Personal Information we have, under applicable EEA law or otherwise, you should contact that us with your request.
We will consider and handle all requests in accordance with applicable laws. If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. To learn more about your European privacy rights, please visit: https://gdpr-info.eu/
Transferring information outside the EU
We will transfer the Personal Information we collect about you to certain countries outside the EU, in order to perform our services for you. We will ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection and is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and UK laws on data protection. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK and EU supervisory authority for data protection issues, visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/report-a-breach/
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
We collect various types of Personal Information about you as described in this Policy. If you are a California resident, you have certain rights with regard to your Personal Information. Consumers have a right to request disclosure of their Personal Information, and to receive additional details regarding the Personal Information a business collects and its use purposes, including any third parties with which it shares information. To make such requests, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the mailing address in the “Contact Us” section below. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit: oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your working relationship with us. You may send us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at the mailing address in the “Contact Us” section below to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to another party.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Online Services, checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the Form on which we collect your data by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a service, experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Online Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Online Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Online Services or through any of its features, register on the Online Services, make any purchases through the Online Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com. California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Online Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Online Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Online Services.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the Online Services home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Online Services and this Policy to check for any changes.
For further information about your rights, or if you have any questions about this Policy or how we handle your Personal Information, please contact the Company by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.