Your daily dose of no electronics
How much time do you spend online? How much time do you spend using electronics?
We can relate. That’s why sometimes there’s nothing better than some much-needed time spent away from all things electronic.
But you don’t have to chuck your phone through the window or even take a weeks-long social media cleanse. Instead of waiting for the “ideal day” to live completely offline, turn the mini digital cleanse into your new daily ritual.
Enter the no-electronics zone: a safe, analog space where it’s just you in real life for 40 minutes.
It’s that simple.
Try this new daily ritual to start or end each day. Lie down and relax, sit in silence, or think about your favorite digital-free activities.
Here’s some inspiration:
- Read a book or magazine
- Take a walk
- Write in a journal
- Play a board game (the physical kind)
- Make a new recipe
- Get a manicure/pedicure or DIY
- Create art or use a coloring book for adults
- Plan your week
- Visit friends
- Explore your city
- Check out a new exhibition
- Use the time for some uninterrupted, deep thinking about whatever you want, personal or professional
When you spend less time using electronics, it can lead to:
- More mindful use of electronics
- Less stress
- Better mental health
- Improved focus
- Healthier work-life balance
So why not launch this ritual today?