Bedtime Wind-down Ritual: Fall Asleep with a Good Book
Besides winding down with a nice shower (oh, hai), reading before bed is the perfect pre-sleep ritual. It helps you get away from your devices and that notorious blue light that might keep you up. But it can also help you relax and fall asleep faster.
Experts back the power of reading too. It can:
- Improve your empathy and critical thinking skills
- Can help you beat insomnia
- Might even help you live longer and stave off cognitive decline!
- Read in bed, totally prepared to go to sleep. You’ll be able to relax completely, knowing you can conveniently nod off at any time. So set that sleep app or alarm, brush your teeth and grab a good book.
- Set up a light source that will help you read comfortably without unintentionally waking you up.
- Skip the adventure novels and anything else that might be too stimulating. They might make you too alert and engaged to doze off!
- Save the stressful topics for another time.
Cozy up to a paperback or e-reader every night. Sweet dreams!